Every year Royal Holiday vacation travelers come to Membership Services with a very similar question. Should I go with an All-Inclusive resort or with a vacation condo style resort? While each is loaded with advantages, it all comes down to how you want to go – and how you want to stay.
Let’s take All-Inclusive first not only because it’s less obvious but because it’s frequently worth the extra expense.
Five Advantages to All-Inclusive
1. An AI vacation is always better for multi-generational travel. Different age groups have different eating and drinking habits needs or wants. Seniors really should be able to spend the entire morning at the restaurant and kids should have a few more snacks whenever they want.
2. AI is better for an International Trip that’s not too adventurous. (Again, like with older adults and kids). AI let’s you pay for things upfront in your own currency, so you’re not constantly digging for unfamiliar bills or calculating Exchange Rates.
3. An AI Vacation lets you relax more and better, in basically one place, without venturing out too much.
4. AI also lets bigger groups of people travel together – without having to coordinate meal times or meetings.
5. AI is the way to go – to some of the most popular beaches in Mexico, theDominican Republic or the RivieraMaya where guests enjoy stunning natural beauty but without really busting loose for the heart of the jungle.
Five Advantages to Condo Travel
1. A vacation condo is likely much less expensive. Longer stays and more freedom are two big plusses!
2. Condos are prefferred by independent adults of the same ages or those traveling with only one or two small children. Some condos, like the High Point World Resort in Orlando, are particularly good for families with multiple children, but whose dining habits are familiar and easy to manage.
3. Going to the supermarket is the start – not just of savings. It’s also the first step to exploring the wider area.
4. Travel more! Royal Holiday travelers to condo vacation resorts are there not just for the time at the resort, but for the broader city or region.
5. More casual Eating. Because you’re bringing some food in, you can enjoy a more casual approach to when and what you eat. Again, this isn’t so good for some kids or older adults. But for a couple or groups of adults, it’s definitely the preferred way to go.
You’ll see above that there are some very distinctive advantages to either way – “lodging only” in a Condo Restort or All-Inclusive. Let us know in the comments below which way you prefer to go – and why ? Other members would love to know.